Marketing

Fake Facebook Accounts – How to Counter It

Facebook is the most used social networking site and has brought almost a revolution to the World Wide Web.

Facebook use is currently very large and is now estimated to account for around 37 % worldwide. The fake user base has also risen unexpectedly to 27% of all Facebook users. If you receive 10 friendship requests per day, that means only 7 or 8 of the 10 are real people, and 2 or 3 are fake.

The internet is becoming awash with frauds, just like the virtual world. Today’s World Wide Web, which is only 65% original, has seen phishing scams and hacking. This means that the rest 35% of the Web is fraudulent. Similar is true for popular micro-blogging and social networking sites such as Facebook, Digg. LinkedIn, MySpace. Twitter, MySpace. Some people do it for pleasure, others for business.

Here are some reasons Facebook is becoming fake-book.



1. Fun-book:A common problem among youth is to create fake accounts and fool friends and colleagues on social networks. Fake account holders are a fun way to fool others, sometimes even in the name of someone who has never used Facebook in their lives.

2. Book for business:When it comes to threats to businesses, Facebook danger can be very severe. A fake prospect can do more damage than any other thing. Fake accounts on Facebook are increasing in popularity. Every business must be smart when converting a Facebook lead into a prospect. Companies use many of these fake business accounts to promote their own products. Because it’s easier for people to believe in products or services when they are endorsed by others. You can find a lot of projects to create large Facebook accounts by looking at freelancing sites such as Guru, GAF, and Elance. They’re about fake accounts.

3. Niche book:Facebook allows you to search for any niche. You can either create groups or fan-pages. Fake accounts are a great way to increase visibility for a group or fan-page.

The risk of losing your Facebook account is increasing with the rise of fake accounts. You need to be aware of the precautions that must be taken. These are some of the warnings that I have found to be very useful.

1. Search for the AddressThe majority of fake Facebook users do not have an actual address. To clarify any confusions, you can look at the information page.

2. The profile pictureMany fake accounts feature photos, which amazes us all. These images are not from dating sites, but other image sources. The image should be compared to the user’s age or address. You will be amazed at the results.

3. Friends:You should be cautious if you find an account in which the user’s home is located in Chula Vista, US, or London, UK, and he doesn’t have any friends from that area. It’s not unusual for someone to be without a friend from their own region.

Keep these six points in mind as you accept friend requests in Facebook. This will save you from fake-book danger.

molw.net

We are a team of professionals with each having two decades of experience in start-ups, sales, marketing, finance, HR, large scale project and profit centre management and running mature cross functional operations. At Molw.net we are big believers that knowledge transfer is critical to our industry’s evolution. We love to share our experiences and learnings through our online resources.

Related Articles

Check Also
Close
Back to top button